fireball003

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pet tracker user profile

Hi,
I want to modify the existing firmware of PT-10 pet tracker from Weiom Corporation, China. It has LPC2148 microcontroller, Sim300 GSM/GPRS module and SiRF III based gps module. But I can not determine the circuit schematic since most of the connections are under Sim300 module.

Do you have schematic of this device? Did anybody tried to modify the firmware of this device before? Or the pins I need to erase the existing firmware and load a new one?

Please help me by sending a schematic of this device or advising how can I do this easily.

Thanks in advance.

gps pet tracker

It's unlikely the manufacture wants you copying or modifying their device. There's an excellent chance the firmware is read protected and the schematic unavailable to anyone that isn't a partner of the firm.
Your best bet would be to contact Weiom and ask for service manuals.

schematic tracker gsm

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Is there any way to know if the microcontroller is locked? Simply if the provider wants to upgrade the firmware someday then will they lock the microcontroller? Or is that possible to upgrade firmware even te MCU is locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.