Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic diagram and part list for 2 & 20kW Electronic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashraf

Newbie level 2
Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Electronic Load

I need urgently a schematic diagram and part list of 2000 W of Electronic Load and also for variable Electronic Load 20,000W

Re: Electronic Load

Hi

I custom designed one that can handle 2500W, 50V @ 50A about 2 years ago for a company to test aviation equipment on 48V. Will look if I can find the old drawings I had. This was variable from about 2-50V, 0.1A - 50

The important thing at these power levels is heatsinking. I used a massive, very high efficiency forced cooled sink with about 25 IRF1010 mounted on it. I also incorporated safety features like reverse voltage, over-current, over temp, over-volt protection. Because these power fets operate in a linear mode they get hot fast at full power.

E

At low voltages, water cooling can help. You put the heat sink with the transistors in a vat of water or insulating liquid. This rapidly removes the heat from the transistors and transfers it to the outer surface of the liquid container. For short time periods, the temperature rise of the water will take care of the heat removal.

If this is used in a fixed location, you can circulate the water by putting new water in from the city water supply faucet and remove an equal amount of water into the city sewer connection.

Yes, at the higher power levels one should try using water cooled sinks as there are more companies making them now.

Hi ashraf

Try this link h*tt*p://www.webx.dk/oz2cpu/radios/dc-load.htm

Maybe this idea help you...

jackrs 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back