SAM3N00B microcontroller minimum garanteed start up voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Page 696 of the datasheet appears to say that the SAM3N00B may start up at any voltage between 1.62V and 3.6V.

Or have i got this wrong?

Is it only a small percentage of a production batch which will start up at 1.62V?

What is the minimum vcc voltage at which all SAM3N00B parts from any production batch can be gauranteed to start up?

SAM3N00B datasheet
http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc11011.pdf

Hi,

You are applying your own words to the datasheet - it does not say May.

Manufacturers datasheets detail the parameters which they guarantee their devices will work within, taken with quality test equipment.

If you are looking to run at a min voltage of say 1.62v then you are operating on the edge and should expect problems.
How do you know its 1.62v - many cheap diy DVMs can be relatively inaccurate, just 2% out could mean it was only 1.587v

Why are you wanting such a low figure, battery operation ?

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes, its battery operation...a totally flat(0V) battery may get connected, and our standard magnetic induction current source will slowly trickle charge it at 390mA....the battery voltage will slowly build up from 0V, and we want to know at what voltage the micro will start?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

I don't use the Atmel chips, mainly Pics, but I would think your chip may not start using a slowly rising voltage.

The Power On of micros is quiet a complex procedure, normally expecting a relatively quick low to high voltage change.

There are various parameters you can use to program / configure your chip with to modify how the power up is performed that may help.

Perhaps some member with more experience of those chips can help further.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.