Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S2pMDIF to SnPMDIF - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamtaroRF

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
S2pMDIF to SnPMDIF

Dear all,
I have tried to import an MDIF file with 4-ports" builded by Sonnet em" to AWR , but I founded that the MDIF file is limited currently to 2-ports only!.
Is there any idea or suggestion to import succefully a 4-potrs Mdif file..
thanks in advance

Re: S2pMDIF to SnPMDIF

HamtaroRF said:
I have tried to import an MDIF file with 4-ports" builded by Sonnet em" to AWR ,
but I founded that the MDIF file is limited currently to 2-ports only!.
Is there any idea or suggestion to import succefully a 4-potrs Mdif file..
I think "S4PMDIF" is not standard.
Originally "MDIF" was specified by "EEsof".
Even in Agilent ADS, "S4PMDIF" does not exist.

Convert your "S4PMDIF" to "Generic MDIF" or "CITI" file format, although I don't know what data format are supported in "AWR MWOffice".

Does "Sonnet em" support "CITI" file format as output data ?

See the following about standard data format.
http://edocs.soco.agilent.com/display/ads2009/Working+with+Data+Files

I use "Generic MDIF" or "CITI" as multi-dimensional data format.
These format are not restricted to S-parameter.
These can be applied to any data.

I recommend you to confirm whether both "Sonnet em" and "AWR MWOffice" support "CITI" file format.

BTW, why is your subject "S2pMDIF to SnPMDIF" ?
I don't think this subject means your question.

Hello HamtaroRF,

Sonnet exports MDIF files in two ways, an extract from help menu...

1. MDIF (S2P) - Default extension is mdf - This format allows you to store a parameter sweep in one file and is intended to be used with the Agilent element S2PMDIF. This format is limited to circuits with 2 ports. and

2. MDIF (ebridge) - Default extension is mdf . - This format allows you to store a parameter sweep in one file and is intended to be used in Agilent with a DAC which can be created with the Agilent Interface, ebridge. This format allows circuits which use up to 6 ports.

The first one is compatible with AWR Microwave Office (MWO), I have imported back in MWO & is working fine see the attached zip file for all corresponding files...
The second file format MDIF (ebridge) from sonnet is only for Agilent ADS & not compatible with MWO....and also MDIF files currently only support for two-port files.

Regarding CITI file fromat support Sonnet doesn't provide the support for the same...Whereas MWO supports the import of CITI files...An extract from MWO help menu
Some network analyzers use Citi format to store their measurement data. The AWRDE does not directly import Citi
data, but has scripts that can convert Citi files to Touchstone format, including multiple-parameter Citi files. See the AWR website for example Citi import scripts, or contact AWR Support to request these scripts.

---manju---

HamtaroRF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Manjunatha_hv said:
Some network analyzers use Citi format to store their measurement data.
CITI file format data is not restricted to Network Analyzer.

Ansoft HFSS and Agilent Momentum give data as CITI file format.
MDS(not ADS) supported only CITI file as multidimensional data format.

Hello pancho_hideboo,

I think the user wants only MDIF file, & not the CITI file...
It works fine for 2-port in Sonnet & MWO...

Also MWO supports DSCR file formats
DSCR files (.dscr) are often used to store multiple sets of model parameters.
which is supported in MWO, & there is an example which shows how to access and use DSCR files so that the model parameters can be used in MWO.

Discrete (.dscr) Discrete (indexed) tabular and possibly statistical density data. Components that accept file-based parameters, link via the DAC.
The discrete data file consists of an array of data arranged in rows and columns. The values available for each parameter are arranged in columns. Following the BEGIN DSCRDATA line is the % format line which specifies the names of dependent variables. The first column is always treated as a string; other columns are real, integer or string, depending on the first row of data.
which is supported in ADS too...

http://edocs.soco.agilent.com/displ...ata+Files#WorkingwithDataFiles-DiscreteFormat

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back