Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Routing over active region in digital IC layout design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

For my design of memory based on flip-flops, I am using the digital cells from the foundry and I am facing an issue that I can not avoid routing over active regions of transistors because the design has little complicated control circuit that access the cells in different positions, so not possible to always grantee to avoid routing over transistors.

However I am routing using higher metal layers that is MET2 and MET3.

I tried to keep routing besides the cells not over it but that led to large layout area.

From my knoweldge in analog layout routing over active region should be avoided in order to have symmetrical stress for matching purposes, but in digital design routing should not be a problem as we dont have to wary about matching, but still I am not sure and I would like to discuss this issue with you

Thank you in advance
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back