Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID UHF dipole tag design in 2d enviroment

Gordon93

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone suggest an RFID UHF dipole antenna designer in 2d? I did design in HFSS/CST and it works well, but looking for similar in a 2d environment.
ADS/microwave office does offer microstrip/CPW and other solutions, yet I need the ground layer to be removed.

Attachments

• 1727067581848.png
    1727067581848.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 9
Planar transmission line problems can be analyzed in 2D solver if coupling to free field (e.g. radiated wave) can be neglected. An antenna problem is 3D by nature and needs a 3D EM solver.

Planar transmission line problems can be analyzed in 2D solver if coupling to free field (e.g. radiated wave) can be neglected. An antenna problem is 3D by nature and needs a 3D EM solver.
thank you for your response. You are correct about the 3d environment. However, modeling in 2-D first would at least help me with chip matching, and generally it is easier to draw in a 2d environment using the on-board palettes interface.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back