Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resonant Tunneling Diode modelling: Wigner Function Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

drabos

Full Member level 6
Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
resonant tunneling diode tutorial

Hello,

Has anybody got experience in RTD (Resonant Tunneling Diode) device modelling?
I am interested mainly in Wigner Function Method.

resonant tunneling diode

Code:
 1. Resonant tunneling diodes: models and properties
Jian Ping Sun; Haddad, G.I.; Mazumder, P.; Schulman, J.N.;
Proceedings of the IEEE
Volume 86,  Issue 4,  April 1998 Page(s):641 - 660 
Abstract:

The resonant tunneling diode (RTD) has been widely studied because of its importance in the field of nanoelectronic science and technology and its potential applications in very high speed/functionality devices and circuits. Even though much progress has been made in this regard, additional work is needed to realize the full potential of RTD's. As research on RTD's continues, we will try in this tutorial review to provide the reader with an overall and succinct picture of where we stand in this exciting field or research and to address the following questions: What makes RTD's so attractive? To what extent can RTD's be modeled for design purposes? What are the required and achievable device properties in terms of digital logic applications? To address these issues, we review the device operational principles, various modeling approaches, and major device properties. Comparisons among the various RTD physical models and major features of RTD's, resonant interband tunneling diodes, and Esaki tunnel diodes are presented. The tutorial and analysis provided in this paper may help the reader in becoming familiar with current research efforts, as well as to examine the important aspects in further RTD developments and their circuit applications

**broken link removed**

You will have to open a new thread in the IEEE Papers section and ask someone to upload this IEEE paper ..

Regards,
IanP

drabos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Resonant Tunneling Diode

Thanks,

I could download directly this article from IEEE.

If it needs somebody I can upload it.

Tell the truth, I am looking for somebody who can do this simulation and get correct solution, because I tried to do this simulation (Wigner Function Method) on MATLAB, but the solution is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back