Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

req: EarthQuake Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerox100

Full Member level 6
Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
earthquake detector

Hi all,
I want to design aa EarthQuake Detector. Is there any idea for this circuit? I dont know best sensor for EarthQuake.

The best i know is the one i used in my high school science fair project..

Is just a nail attached one end to metal spring ,as the one used in toggle pens.

then a metal 'O' ring ,close about 1 mm ,and you have a good and sensible
switch ...when it detects a minor movement or vibration nail touch the
ring and close the switch..

I remember an oscillator based on 555 Ic and an output to a buzzer.

( | ) < "O" ring or a little metal hook.______ sw pin 1
|
| < nail or metal wire (uncovered)
0 < spring
0__________________________________ sw out 2

Simple Isnt it ?

Reactions: GOPI.R

GOPI.R

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Another type is a pendulum that should be two meters long with a heavy weight on the end. You make a capacitor from the metal pendulum and a metal plate very close to it. Use this capacitor in a wheatstone bridge circuit. Null the circuit when there is no earthquake. When the earth moves you will get a low frequency AC signal out.

Search Google for seismometer construction and you will find a lot of fun projects.

Check out the April and May 2004 EPE issues. There's a seismograph project in there.

Try this link.
Code:
http://www.jochenlueg.freeuk.com/interface/quake.htm

how to test such kind of systems.for proper testing should one wait for earthquake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back