Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing IC in surface mount board ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

viks

Member level 1
Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
replacing ic

Hi guys

I would like to know if there is possibility to replace microprocessor in Surface mount circuit board.
I think I burnt my processor and I would like to replace it.

I am looking for something around $100 expanse.
Anyone have any information ?
Thanks
Viks

mounting boards for ics

I am not sure if I want to do it myself as it a costly product.
I was kinda looking for some website or some company who does it.
Thanks anyway

replace serface mount ic

If the micro is not to be reused, then for a QFP or TQFP package what I do is this:
take a utility knife with a new blade and gently cut the pins close to the pckage. I just put the blade on the pins at about 45 deg angle, along the side of the package, and push down slowly until it cuts through 2-3 pins at a time, being careful not to push too hard to cut traces underneath. Usually I set the blade such that only the tip is exposed, which gives more protection, since the knife usualy touches the package and stops before the blade ever touches the PCB.
When all the pins are cut on all four sides, I remove the pins with the soldering iron (they just adhere to it) clean the pads using copper braid and install the new micro.
It is a good idea to practice it on a scrap board, until you get the hang of it.

If done properly, the board will not be heated nearly as much as it is with a desoldering station.
Soldering the new part is done simply with a fine-tipped soldering iron, under a microscope or a magnifier.

I do not have a solution for BGAs.

repairing ic circuit boards

What package is it?

replacing surface ic with heat gun

A hakko heater would help!!

replacing smt ics

a solution for BGAs, usa and halogen proyector lamp ELH120v300w , una lupa de 1,5 " , montado en un tubo de aluminio, aplicas la luz de 5 a 10 cms de distancia del componente por unos 10 a 30 seg , segun la lupa y la distancia , levanta el componente rapidamente, apagas la luz para evitar quemarte, probando con placas viejas de pc antes claro

youtube replace tqfp

Use heat gun

replace smt ic

If you're not clever using hot air and surface mount soldering stuff, then you would better go to specialized technician to do it for you. At the same time, try to learn it :)

Regards,
Ahmad,

remove surface mount ic

hi
if u r new to this work then take a technician help
and if u want to try something new u can try hot air blower and heat the processor
once it gets heated it comes out
then again soldering it just u r skill and interest
try to use flux as it helps

thnx
som

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back