Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Controlled Fan Regulator With Timer (courtesy VU3CNS )

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjubluerock3

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
First of all i want to thank CNS for this circuit i have redrawn the schematic...and thanks to mvs sarma who helped me to design a compact pcb layout

you can download the firmware from the link above

This circuit is an electronic fan regulator which incorporates a timer to turn off the fan after a given time. You can control the whole functionality, change fan speed, timer settings etc. from your couch or bed. Infrared receiver module TSOP1738 is used to receive the infrared signal transmitted by remote control.

message me for the original eagle files....

Attachments

• FAN REMOTE.zip
    82.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Nice job Sanjubluerock3.

You mentioned Mvs Sarma helped you in the design of the PCB, what other problems did you encounter if any?

Do you have any words of wisdom concerning the design of an IR Remote?

Last edited:

Basically we need exercise CAUTION as the circuit is FATAL being non isolated.
any negligence could cost life. Thus it is advisable that children leaning electronics at school stage don't take up this AT ALL

Point taken.

I've never dabbled with IR remotes, do you have any recommendations for tutorial discussing the IR protocols and implementing them in code.

i want to use pic 16f676 based fan regulator + relay on\off , any body help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.