Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relative phase output samples in DSP

Maitry07

Advanced Member level 4
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Zynq ultra scale+ FPGA. In which I am using CORDIC IP cores to utilize the functionality of square root as well as Atan for measurement of amplitude and absolute phase from I and Q data.
From the absolute phase outputs , I am using subtraction to generate relative phase between 2 outputs. On the generated relative phase, I am applying moving average algorithm to increase accuracy in the measured relative phase.

During validation, One thing I observed as below.
When my measured relative phase is 0 deg or 360 deg. at that time , my moving average output is incorrect. after further debugging, I came to know that the measured relative phase output samples has approx. 0.28 to 359.6 deg variation in 1024 samples. due to which moving average output becomes incorrect for 0 deg or 360 deg.
How to mitigate this issue? what would be the suitable method.

because slight variation in the measured relative phase output samples will be there that's why we are using moving average.

Awaited your feedback and guidance.

ok, got your point. I will try this. also, I found that addition of moving average adds delay to the due to its processing time. as far as we increase the moving averaging factor, delay increases. so, If my main source of input from external environment is stable and standard such as tektronix function generator. based on which my I and Q are being generated. how much moving average factor need to be considered. need to trade off between delay and moving averaging factor, right?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back