verilog_crack

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Voice Codec Impairment

Dear all

I am working on performance monitoring of different codec due to packet loss and delay,

Does anybody have any table or relation between packet loss and delay and the voice qauality for G711, G723 ,G729 or any other voice codec

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks a lot,

Re: Voice Codec Impairment

Hum! OK! First of all, the problem is why, you want to do this? I think it is not any important topic at all any how, There was a good book, IEEE press, dicussing all of these topics. The author was Lajos Hanzo I think and I do not remember the name. May be there you can find some thing useful. Any how, the important point I think is that, OK! You are sending this topic here, because you want others, do your MS degree project , instead of you. And , Yes, I think any more help is really appreciated, because it accelrates your project.
Any how, good luck!!!

Re: Voice Codec Impairment

I have that book , It has the algorithms and the methods each codec use, I want the relation between {packet loss and voice qauality) and {delay and voice quality} for each codec.
However, there are some previous research works which monitored the relaton so it is not wise to do sth that have been done before

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…