Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend me some ultrasonic sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdhar

Full Member level 5
Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ultrasonic Sensors

We are looking to use ultrasonic sensors for our 4th year design project, and was wondering if anyone could recommend some sensors for proximity detection, as large range as possible. Should we build our own Rx/Tx pair, or are there modules made for this purpose already?

Ultrasonic Sensors

Hi,

Try to find a pair in the robotics web site. They have them ready on a PCB with wires. Im sure you will find a supplier near to you...
Good lcuk.

Ultrasonic Sensors

Robotics web site? Any links? Also, those are more short range... these will be mounted on a car, so something in the order of meters would be nice.

Re: Ultrasonic Sensors

Check this ultrasound sensor from polaroid, it can meassure distance from 6 inches up to 35 feet. It comes with the signal conditioner board so you don't have to design and build it, you just have to make the program with the uC you are using or make a control circuit to command the sensor.

I think it costs less than 100 dollars, not sure really, check it on the internet.

There are some good sensors from Honeywell:
**broken link removed**

Ultrasonic Sensors

I bought the SRF08 and Senscomp 6500. I will be trying both out and see how they work. thanks guys.

Remember that with ultrasonic you sense objects in a large range, compared to infrared in which you sense in one direction only.

I´m using sharp sensors for ranging, and you can use led+sensor for proximity, if you are on a budget.

Anyways, srf modules are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back