Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rearranging complex equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE101

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm just wondering if someone could help me figure out which steps were taken to determine the attached equation?

43_1322868216.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

---------- Post added 03-12-11 at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was 02-12-11 at 23:23 ----------

Solved, Solution courtesy of steveb:

Take your starting equation and multiply both sides by the denominator on the right hand side.

Then multiply the Zo through on the right hand side and multiply the Zin through on the left hand side.

Then swap the imaginary components on each side, by subtracting on each side. This will give the -j terms.

Then reverse the process by factoring out the Zo and ZL and dividing by the bracketed part to get the equation for ZL.

Hi,

i didn't try, but from the first look u just have to multiply both the terms of the equation, by the denominator at the right. then you factor by ZL and then u send the factor of ZL down to the right side of the equation. i'm in no mood to type it down but if that's not clear i'll try to maake it.

have a nice time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back