Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RE: How to maximize the gain of the dipole antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saran7507

Member level 3
Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Hi All,

I have a parabolic dish 600mm and depth 145mm, the focal point is 155mm. But I'm getting 23dBi to 25dBi with distance of 2.8m.

But I need to get 28dBi....How is it possible? Anyone can help me....

Should i change the dipole shape? I have designed for 5GHz dipole antenna.

If i change the shape.....i worried that would the impedance matching not tally with the 50 ohms connector?

Anyone plz give idea?

Waiting 4 ur reply.

thank you.

Regards,
Saran

Try to find the optimum dimensions and distances to minimize the illumination loss.

https://www.qsl.net/n1bwt/chap4.pdf

Any shape change of the dipole will affect the initial gain of the antenna.

You can adjust the length of the dipole to get different radiation patterns, but at the expense of some side lobes (see the picture). Worth to try.

Hi Vfone and all,

Do any of u have skype id?

So what u all suggest whether adjust the focal point or change the dipole shape?

Waiting 4 ur reply.

Hi,

if you have dish 600 mm and frequency 5 GHz, max theoretical gain is 29.9 dB, practical realization 28 dB is not so easy. Professional dish antena have gain cca "max theoretical - 3dB", and it is professional. And dipole antena use as feed is not the best design, i think. And btw distance 2.8 m is not so much, if you have 600mm and 5 GHz, your distance should be > 12 m.

saran7507

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back