Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC522 with PIC18F46K22

Stefox

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good morning,

I would like to design a PCB to read RFID cards with a PIC18F46K22 microcontroller and be able to do various actions behind following the reading.

However, I'm having a little trouble creating code to use the RC522.

Not finding RC522 libraries for RFID at MPLAB, I finally found a bookseller on the internet from another person.

But... My beginner level struggles to understand how this library works to program the reading of the RC522 module...

Anyone have an idea? An explanation of the steps, a program, a path? Another library ? Has anyone chosen to allow me to just be able to read RFID cards?

I'm using MPLAB 6.20 with XC8 2.50 and I have pickit 3.

Thank you in advance, :)

Yours sincerely,

Stefox.

Good morning,

I'm trying to read RFID cards with an RC522 module and a PIC18F46K22 microcontroller.

Not finding any libraries on MPlab, I finally found a .h and .c which a priori would do the job.

However, I have difficulty understanding how to build my main file.

Can anyone help me understand how I should structure the code in order to read maps?

Or does anyone have another bookstore?

See example code?

Anything else that might help me ?

I thank you in advance for your answers.

Stefox.

Hi,

I just did an internet search for RC522. The result says it´s a module based on Philips´ MF522 chip.

To ease helping you, you should provide links to datasheets and manufacturer internet sites.

I did not dig deeper .. but I´ve seen the MF522 provides several interfaces ... I have no idea which one you are using.
Btw ... the search results above also showed discussions about using RC522 moduel with PIC. On the Microchip forum site.
In my eyes: the manufcturer internet site shuld be the first to look for information. I expect them to be reliable and up to date.

Usually the MF522 datasheet should provide all informations you need.

Klaus

SPI, I2C, USART, whatever the communication mode

I just wish it would work and I could figure out how it works later.

I'm looking for a library that's easy to understand or ready-made code that works that will allow me to understand how it works and then adapt it to what I want to add.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: