Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R/C Battery charger with capacity indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a circuit of a R/C NiCd/NiMH pack battery charger with capacity indicator, I mean how much mAh the pack was charged. My packs are 7,2V x 2200mAh NiCd and 7,2V x 1800mAh NiMH used to power the servos of a helly.

Regards,

Fernando - call sign PU2PLL

Try these;

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

This one in japanese use bablefish to translate: http://www.picfun.com/appframe.html

**broken link removed**

Hello

You can calculate the capacitor value using this relation :

C = I / (6.28 x F x V)

Where I is the current needed to charge the battaries, F is the mains frequency, and finally V is the mains voltge 110 or 220.

A rule of thumb here is that the current needed to charge a battery is usually 1/10 of the battery capacity.

Sometimes a resistor is used in series with the capacitors, this resistor valus is better made equal to 1/10 of Xc of the capacitor.

Xc = 1 / (6.28 x F x C)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back