Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question regarding Crystal Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

leocyh

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. I am building an IC circuit which a KDS crystal oscillator (KDS Part Number DSO751SR, 98.304MHz, 50ppm @ -10C to +70C, Input voltage +3.3 V +/- 10%) was used originally. But now I need to use another oscillator instead. You can see the datasheet of this item in the attachment. Or you can find the datasheet at
**broken link removed**

When I look up the datasheet from KDS, I found that this oscillator has a very small "Supply Current" of 6mA (but it is measured "under NO LOAD" condition). I think it is strange . Most of the datasheet will present this data "under load".

I have an oscillator on hand, which is almost everything same as this KDS oscillator except the Supply Current. My oscillator is having the Supply Current as "45mA MAX under load = 15pF" (KDS oscillator also has the output load as 15pF mentioned in the datasheet. But as mentioned above, its Supply Current is 6mA under "No Load" condition)

I want to know will there be any problem to my IC circuit if I put my oscillator into it? I am very concerned about "Supply Current". Please someone who is expert of it answer my question.

Can someone answer my post please.
Or do you know if there any online forum focusing on the discussion to this kind of Frequency Control Devices like crystal oscillator?

Thanks!

As long as your power supply has enough room, it will not be a problem.
45mA seems somewhat high, but it is not a strange number.
S. H.

shwoo said:
As long as your power supply has enough room, it will not be a problem.
45mA seems somewhat high, but it is not a strange number.
S. H.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.