Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question regarding capon's method

Status
Not open for further replies.

daqamseh

Newbie level 4
Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
capon's method

Hi guys,

I have question regarding capon's method....I have array of sensors arranged in linear line...i used model to calculate the flow field over 2D grid points (x and y direction) as my tamplate. Based on Capon's method i used the measurements of my array covariance matrix (R) as well as the tamplate data (S) over the grid points to find the energy of each point as E=1/(S^H*R^-1*S). Then i plotted the E matrix as function of x and y...Unfortunatly, i didn't get what i am expecting....i mean to localize the source...anybody ca help in that.

Just to confirm...R^-1 is the inverse matrix of R...am i right?

Thanks

Re: capon's method

daqamseh said:
Hi guys,

I have question regarding capon's method....I have array of sensors arranged in linear line...i used model to calculate the flow field over 2D grid points (x and y direction) as my tamplate. Based on Capon's method i used the measurements of my array covariance matrix (R) as well as the tamplate data (S) over the grid points to find the energy of each point as E=1/(S^H*R^-1*S). Then i plotted the E matrix as function of x and y...Unfortunatly, i didn't get what i am expecting....i mean to localize the source...anybody ca help in that.

Just to confirm...R^-1 is the inverse matrix of R...am i right?

Thanks
I can help you better if you give explicitly your steering vector, grid separation and noise power. Otherwise, try your program on a dererminist covariance matrix to find where the bug is located. Run a Bertlett beamformer in parallel to check your covariance matrix.

Thanks for ur answer....
Actually, i am using model based steering vector (Dipole flow field)...and 1cm as grid seperation. I am using the same model to feed signal to the code as experimental data with some noise, The noise, i am feeding, is random noise with different signal-to-noise ratios to test the rebustness of the localization...To be honest with you, this is the first time i treating with source localization and signal processing ...so if u have any nice literature to study about this topic this would be nice from you.

Regards

By grid separation I mean angular grid. For example if you apply Capon in 2D and if your steering vector is symmetric in theta, the grid is (pi/N)[0,1,...,N-1]. If the noise variance is small and the steering vector length is high your N has to allow you to detect the angle of arrival. The best way is to check your algorithm with a theta = j*pi/N; where j belongs to [0,N-1]. Then you should find a high spectrum value at this angle and week ones at the others. Choose also a lamda/2 separation antenna array to find just one spectrum maxima.
You can also fix the noise covariance matrix (determinist one) and test your Capon with a determinst (Signal + Noise Covariance matrix): R = a*a' + N0*I
where a is the steering vector with the actual AOA, N0 is the noise power and I is the identity matrix. ' means conjugate of the transpose.
I don't have in mind a special reference. The first Capon paper is the best one in my sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back