Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about the WM8731

Status
Not open for further replies.

gai_man_de

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a project on the DE2 development and education board of Altera which contains the WM8731. After reading its datasheet, I see that the WM8731 supports a 2-wire MPU serial interface that is very similar with the I2C protocol (that have a start condition, a acknowledge bit, a stop bit...). So, why does it not be called the I2C interface in the WM8731 datasheet? Is there any difference? While, the WM8962 indicate 2-wire I2C and 3- or 4-wire SPI serial control interface clearly.
Now, I am very confuse. So I wish I will receive your answer as soon as possible. Thanks!

Last edited:

I know that, I2S is one of digital audio interfaces of WM8731, but my question is about 2-wire serial control mode, one of WM8731's software control interfaces. If you read DE2 user manual, A karaoke machine (page 64) you will see they told us that "the I2C interface is used to configure the Audio CODEC". I just confuse about 2-wire serial control mode and I2C interface :(

Since I2C interface is not mentioned in WM8731 datasheet (whatever reason) you may tryout it using I2C commands for 2-wire MPU serial interface mode.

I used the I2C protocol to control the WM8731's interface and it worked properly. And I just want to make it clearer. Thanks any way!

May be they are not using I2C name in their datasheet. Anyway if it is working for I2C, that is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back