Not open for further replies.

sviodo

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rf tee junction

I have to make a broadband tee junction however i encounter several problms tweakinng my idea of project. Not only did I use czebyshew transformer but also I was trying to increase bandwith by increasing number of transformer sections. Till now with a tiny sucess.
I was wondering if there is better idea to increase banwith or improved tee junction project :>

--
With Regards,
Sviodo

Re: tee junction

Maybe you need a very good tee. Otherwise multisectin czebyshew transformer is really a good choice. Can you please mention your requirements.

:!: :idea: :?:

Hi Sviodo,

which bandwith at which frequency do you want to have?
What VSWR?
And what dividing ratio? 1:1?

Regards,

Spasomat

My tee junction should operate at 12GHz with bandwidth as good as possible, S11 must be less than -20dB and of course it is 3dB power divider.
BTW it is microstrip sandwich structure.

--
Sviodo

I think your method is good enough. have you chamfered the T junction? Multi section chebychev transformer can be used in both hoizontal or vertical arms. Sometimes the ripples may cross -20 dB due to some other subtrate parameters like dispersion, feed inductance. In that case binomial transfomer can be tried.

:!: :idea: :?:

sviodo said:
My tee junction should operate at 12GHz with bandwidth as good as possible, S11 must be less than -20dB and of course it is 3dB power divider.
BTW it is microstrip sandwich structure.

--
Sviodo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…