Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quarter wave transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingenieria

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate a quarter wave bifilar transmission line transformer in HFSS, but when i simulate i get different results depending on the airbox.Can anyone help me?

Hello Ingenieria

i assume that you are simulating for s-parameters of the transmission line.i would recommend that you incorporate a waveport rather than a lump port and do analysis.which saves you time and energy because airbox is supposed to be a radiation boundary in most cases.and the position of the airbox matters a alot when you do an analysis of the parameters.because if the airbox is not placed in the far field region,results vary significantly over small distances.hope that helps.let me know if i can be of any further help

Best Regards
Rotmanlens.

Status
Not open for further replies.