Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with Photoelectric Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiaxuann

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, newbie here.

Can I ask if a normal remote photoelectric sensors can be mounted on a PCB board?

Can it be used to measure distances?

And what about the electrical supply?

Thank you!

remote photoelectric sensor ????
r u talking about IR sensor? yes,it can be mounted.where else it can be mounted?
electrical supply???
do you mean the power supply for that?
be specific.
r u a newbie in electronics too?

Sorry for using those unspecific terms.

I am a student studying on electronics.

Basically,

I need a sensor to detect changes in environment. One example is: to detect a person passing through a walkway.

I found up on this photoelectric sensor, which is used to detect changes in environment. For more information, please look at this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoelectric_sensor

I also looked up on other sites, and I understand that it needs a emitter and receiver to work. It uses either infrared or laser for its emitting light.

Some of these sensors also comes with a cable and needs power supply*.

What I am unclear of are:

1) Whether the emitter of this sensor can be mounted on a PCB board. And if yes, where am I going to place my plug? *Am i going to place the plug on the PCB board as well?

2) Also, other than using it for detecting changes in environment, is it possible to measure distances using this sensor too?

Thank you.

Yes, PIR sensor can solder on pcb with proper bias. But you have to take care the followings :

1.) After soldering, the flux residue MUST be cleaned by cleaning agent. ( Otherwise, false trigger will very easy to happen )

2.) Add an amp with hystersis. ( I mean like a schmitt trigger )

For range issue, the plastic lens ( with a lot of circles normally ) uses to maximize the distance and detection angle. You have to test with different lens pattern in order to optimize the range. The PIR sensor vendor will tell you which type of lens shall be used.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back