Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problem in cross compiler for FriendlyARM Mini2440

Status
Not open for further replies.

hale2bopp

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I have done the following successfully:
1) Installed the Kernel in VirtualBox
2) Upgraded and updated the kernel
3) Installed the arm-linux-gcc 4.3.2 compiler
4) I have written a hello world program and compiled it using the command
#gcc -o hello hello.c
The object file created can be executed in the terminal without any errors. But the same object file when run on FriendlyARM Board mini2440 gives an error as: Error in syntax of line 1
5) I tried to compile the file using the command:
#arm-linux-gcc -o hello hello.c
But while executing the program on terminal error comes as:
./hello cannot execute binary file
6) I was also successfully able to compile the file with another arm-linux-gcc command which I don't remmeber right now, but it was executing on the computer. But when we tried running it on the bard, we got the same error : Error in syntax of line 1

Please help me!

Personal Computers employs a X86 core processor inside. If you compile a based ARM processor, the executable code generated on compilation will not work if the VBox do not have the same core as the target for emulate.

+++

Thank you! I realized that compiling it with arm-linux-gcc-4.3.2 creates a .bin file which doesn't run on the PC but runs on the board. We gave up hope when it didn't run on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back