Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply Switching System

Status
Not open for further replies.

yugamart

Junior Member level 1
Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, friends

Does anyone has this info, about switching power supply ?
it will be great if you could gave me some schematics examples.

ex.
ac input = 220-230 VAC
ac freq. = 60 Hz
dc output = + 5 VDC
Ampere = 4 Amp.

thanks

It depends on yr requirements, if it really required then there's plenty on the market.
eg. you can find in stores selling laptop & PDA accessories.

For me I would build it myself using readily available parts.

This sounds like a classical P/S, nothing fancy. Go to the TI website, or ON Semiconductor and look for appnotes on UC3842. You should find plenty of schematics. On the TI website you can find the Unitrode Design Seminars and the magnetics design handbook: http://focus.ti.com/docs/training/catalog/events/event.jhtml?sku=SEM401014
If you still have trouble, ask me.

Another interesting website is Power Integrations. They make 3-pin To-220 converters. Basically you just need the transformer and a few other parts. Just visit their website and look for TOPSwitch. http://www.powerint.com/
You can also download their software, to help you design the P/S.
The transformer may be available ready-made from a number of companies, such as Elytone. Go tho this webpage and click on TOPSwitch series **broken link removed**

Similar P/S parts are available form ON Semi, the NCP1xxx series. I don't know if anybody makes ready-made transformers for them, though.

Just buy one or the dead one, it is available everywhere, and then repack it, you will know everything, as well as which components are commonly used for this kind of power supply, as some components I only see on the manufacturers' website, never in the real stuff.

nguyennam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back