Activity points
Input specifications are
230v,50hz

i need output of 5v under 1a current

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

I need a normal power supply

Dear MOHAMMED
Hi
A bit more explanation needed . would you like to design with transformer or without ? ( iron core ?) or perhaps , isolation isn't important ? or probably , you don't need linear systems ? maybe SMPS ? if insulation is important , i think a simple fly back converter can help you .
But you didn't tell what's your problem exactly ?!
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Dear sir,
i found so many of the circuits,but i need the steps to solve n find the value of load voltage,load current and value of smoothinig capacitor

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Dear sir,
i'm using component as follows
transformer of 9v,1 a.bridge rectifier,smoothing capacitor and limiting resistor;
sir i need step by step solution,so that i can manually design a 5v power supply

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Dear sir,
i'm using component as follows
transformer of 9v,1 a.bridge rectifier,smoothing capacitor and limiting resistor;
sir i need step by step solution,so that i can manually design a 5v power supply.
Input is 220v

It's easy to use Linear Regulator IC.
AC220V => Transformaer => AC9V => bridge Rectifier => DC 12~14V unregulated => Linear Regulator IC => DC5V
**broken link removed**
Be careful for cooling of Regulator IC. You need heatsink.

is it a constant load? I am assuming that is why you are saying 1A? R=V/1 so resistance of 5ohms?
if, efficiency is not an issue,
Use a step down transformer, go through a full bridge rectifier, put a filter capacitor across the output of rectifier and you can use a voltage divider or a linear voltage regulator to make 5 Volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.