Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Line Comunication (domotic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

odesus

Member level 1
Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
powerline plc cancer

Dear Comunity:

I'm planning to work with Power line comunication for domotic implementation. I know some standarts which are fundamental for implating this kind of technology:

X10,EIB,LonWorks and Insteon.

This technology has been very contoversial, 'cos Radio amateurs and some deparments of goverments which are commited to monitor RF signals have declared PLC is not a good alternative 'cos It's a source of HUGE interference. Also some has allegated PLC technology is a cancer source in reference to EMI radiations. Is it true? Does It produce much intereference?

Also, I know X10 standart is the first sell technology but Insteon and LonWorks seems to be good alternatives.

Which is (in your opinnion) the best option and why?.

As always I appreciate all your comments. Thanks in advance.

domotic circuits

cancer is a cancer source !!!

cancer is caused by viral infections in the brain and body

and is the inability of a tired cell to reach its crytical mass and implode to
be cleaned up by the white Tcells
rf signals wont make you sick its is impure signals that do
nodes form and cause hot spots maybe even where you sit
from a setup miles away
so its pure speculation that rf or coms squares signal coms
causes such groths
even a rock outside the home can cause a hot spot in a node patten around it
its all a matter of balance and if active line balance is achieved with a good accuracy
then there is no standing signals in a flow system this equals minimal local nodial
build up
however this isnt always the case with power lines
and as above an intellegent system is best used
to avoid these transmutive nodes

some viri {most} have never been identified

and also multiple viri in the presence of such fields as exist already

adding more units compounds the issue

cancer isnt caused by rf
its the rf gives a skin for this bread of varient multiple viri to exist

causing a groth becouse the cells never terminate
{blow up by imploding first a nucleus reaction}

best domotic

Even mobile phones, that have much stronger RF signal generation than power line communication systems, a not proven to cause cancer, though many investigations are done

are u aware of the high voltage coupling problems in power line comm

Thanks for your comments.

As you know, many companies affirm their technologies can't be consider as a "free of nocive EMI emissions". Nonetheless, My principal interest is to know which of this technologies is better.

I've seen a couple of companies which work with different standarts like HAI with UBP, typicall X10, Zwave of Zensys and Zigbee.

But what do you think? Which of these technologies are better?. I know X10 has a reliability of 70-80% and UBP has almost a 100% but It's a kind of expensive as X10, but better in problems of coupling and free collisions.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back