Plotting E-Plane and H-Plane in MATLAB - Error: Invalid parameter '0 ...'.

Esperado45

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am attempting to plot the E-Plane and H-Plane for a patch antenna in MATLAB using derived equations.

I am having trouble with an error at the very end of my script that says: - Error: Invalid parameter '0 ...'.

The issue I am having is that I am trying to plot a function with "two variables" (theta and phi) in MATLAB. Since I am also declaring my "theta" and "phi" as "symbolic" variables (syms), I can't use the regular "plot" functions. I've tried using "fplot", but I kept running into the "Invalid parameter '0 ...'." error.

I am assuming an infinite ground plane for this patch antenna.

My MATLAB code is attached. See the .zip file below. This is my attempt so far.
Plotting_E_Plane_H_Plane_Patch_Antenna.zip

Just as some background, this is how I derived my equations for E-Plane and H-Plane. See the screenshots below. I am utilizing the "stationary phase integration" method to derive and calculate my E-Fields.

I found E(theta), and E(phi) using the matrices above, did the conjugates for both, and then plugged them into my code to find the radiation intensity.
The Radiation Intensity becomes:

For the E-Plane, I will plot:

For the H-Plane, I will plot:

Attachments

• 1720293469140.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Plotting_E_Plane_H_Plane_Patch_Antenna.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Hello everyone,

I have made some progress. I got rid of the error. However, I am getting "zero" values for my plots for the E-Plane and H-Plane plots. This is where I am seeking help in terms of the "conceptual" or perhaps analytical reasoning for this patch antenna. This has to do with the derivation for the patch antenna E-Fields.

I've tried looking through and I haven't found an "algebraic" error or conceptual error that is causing everything to go to zero at the very end.

See the updated code attached:
Plotting_E_Plane_H_Plane_Patch_Antenna.zip

Attachments

• Plotting_E_Plane_H_Plane_Patch_Antenna.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 51

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…