Not open for further replies.

is_razi

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
i have a little problem to recognize a component.it's like a 1/4W resistor but with only a black band on it.i check it's resistance and it's about zero.
i guess it's a self inductance but i'm not sure.what's your oponion and if you think it's a self inductance please tell me what is the value of it?
sincerely.
:roll: :wink:

Perhaps it is a zero Ohm resistor for connecting AGND and DGND together. Resistors like these are very common.

perhaps it may be an inductance as you said, I have once seen a 1/4W like resistor and I thought it is a small value resistance, but I knew afterwards that it is an inductor. but I can't help you knowing it's value

i
have a bunch of zero ohm resistors that are marked with a black band only

Hi
It can be a solid state fuse & I doubt it to be an inductance because it doesn t have a colour code ( like the colour code of resistors) & it measurs 0 ohm also you are the best to decide whether it is a solid state fuse or a coil by inspecting its location on the circuit diagram.
Regds

yes, this is a zero ohm resistor...
this is commonly used as jumper connectors...

regards,

Why is not instead of zero ohm resistor used just a wire?

Automatic placement machines can't place wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…