Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help on the signal and system problem [Homework help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

siuzing

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please help on this question. Thanks! I do not understand whether the * is a convolution or multiplication. Can any one please help?

signal_system_Q1.jpg

It can be proved that h(t)*cos(Wct) = Acos(Wct + θ) for all finite energy signal h(t) for some A and θ
a). Prove this result.
b). Find the relationship between A, θ, and h(t)
c). Finally, use this results and the Fourier Series definition to show that any periodic function x(t), after passing through a linear system with impulse
response h(t), the output y(t) is also periodic.
d). Use the results in the earlier parts to find the relationship between Fourier Series of input x(t) and the Fourier Series of the output y(t) of a linear
system with impulse response h(t).

i am also studying Signal and systems but haven't reach so far...may be this would help you..
**broken link removed**

or i ll ask tomorrow from my teacher.
CHulla

this is one of the fundamental aspects of signals and systems. The * here represents convolution. The question states the general concepts. it may be helpful to remember that integrals/derivatives of sines and cosines, and more generally of exponentials, result in similar terms in the results. this is immediately shown in the statement of the question. Also, keep in mind that "superposition" applies to linear systems. eg, f(ax + by) = a f(x) + b f(y). this ability to work with each element independantly will be used in parts c, d.

i am also studying Signal and systems but haven't reach so far...may be this would help you..
**broken link removed**

or i ll ask tomorrow from my teacher.
CHulla

Can you help me to ask your teacher? Thanks!

hi siuzing!
i asked my teacher. n he said that this may not be complete question. there should be some waveform of impulse response or there should be unit impulse rather than impulse response. Verify your Question please.
If you get the answer let me know...
CHulla

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

i did not get permute. May be i am beginner. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back