Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me to control 5x7 matrix with 2x7pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

math_1048

Newbie level 4
Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello my friends
I get 5x7 led dot matrix but ,its have 2 x 7 pins not 5x7pins!!!
so how can I control this matrix ? , I think that there is some (dont care) cells or some thing!
all explanation circuit I found was like this image
**broken link removed**
thank you very much

You need to find a data sheet describing your particular brand and model of LED display. It will show you how the pins connect to the internal LEDs, and if it has any unused pins.

Your microcontroller program needs to scan the display, by illuminating only one row (or one column) at a time. Step through all the rows (or columns) quickly so your eye doesn't notice the flickering. The web page you found also describes the process in general.

Thank you very much my dear for help
I found a good DataSheet for similar brand
best regards

Does the data sheet answer your questions? Do you need help understanding the data sheet, or implementing the LED matrix scanning technique?

The company's name is humorous.

Status
Not open for further replies.