Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Playstaion 2 cleaning gone to hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeTB

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i took aprt my PS2 (not the first time) to do a cleaning with canned air to get the dust out. well everything WAS going fine until i pulled the inside part away to hard and puled out the film circuit that connects the reset and eject buttons... so i had to take literally EVERTHING apart to get to the middle pcb were it plugs in and fixed ita nd put it back together... so then as i was putting the film circuit back in for the controller/memory card slots i broke the clip... i used some normal everday scots tape (the translusent white kind) to hold the film in place and it runs fine... is it safe to run for long periods of time with the tape in it... or will the tape melt/catch fire...

It's not likely to catch fire. What will probably happen over a long period of time is the adhesive will get gummy and the cable will slip out of the connector.

JoeTB

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
but if that happens then i can just replace the tape right?

coolness thx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back