pic18f452 with pc serially &request to send or data terminal ready as interrupter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxt_

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic18f452 with pc serially &request to send or data terminal ready as interrupter.

Dear All,
Greetings, i am interfacing pic18f452 with pc through max232 for voltage shifting both pc and pic are connected together through usb to rs232 converter, what i need is to use one of the rs-pins (maybe data terminal ready or Request to send as an interrupt so that i can control the data flow. (i.e when to start receiving). in addition if this is possible. how it will be done?! is it also through max232 ic or just connect DTR or RTS directly to the interrupt pin in the pic.

Many Thanks For Your Attention

Re: pic18f452 with pc serially &request to send or data terminal ready as interrupte

Hi,

Assume it will be the PC telling the Pic to send out its data ?

Yes it will be possible to use those control lines, if you want to delve into the detail of that protocl, but its not really needed these days

Probably the easiest way is to send out a character , say 'T' from the PC and when the pic receives the T it will transmit the data.

The Pics USART RX module has an Interrupt flag built in to say it has received a character/buffer full.

Reactions: nxt_

nxt_

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.