Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Periodic Gaussian Beam in CST Studio

RyuzakiBolt

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm currently trying to model a pulsed particle beam in CST Studio with the wakefield solver. To be specific, I want to simulate a collection of gaussian particle bunches passing through my structure at some arbitrary frequency. Right now I'm operating at 169MHz, so my desired input signal would take the form of a train of gaussians separated by roughly 6 nanoseconds.

I've managed to make a custom excitation signal that more or less approximates this using a VBA formula that generates multiple gaussians along the excitation signal's timespan, but when trying to run it, CST Studio tells me that "non-gaussian beam shapes are only allowed for ultrarelativistic beams". As I said though, my excitation signal is just a train of repeating gaussians, and so I think CST Studio is only saying this because I'm not using the "gaussian" signal type for my excitation signal (since the signal is user-defined), and not actually looking at the contents of my signal.

As it stands, the only other way I can see myself successfully simulating this periodic train of particle bunches is by using CST Studio's recommended workflow for periodic input signals (can't link here, but it's on the MIT official documentation), but it's quite roundabout and I'd prefer to be able to use my own excitation signals for my studies ,which are much more customizable than CST Studio's rather limited gaussian signal type. Is there a way I can force CST Studio to recognize that my signal is still gaussian, or a way to force it to ignore this restriction and simulate anyway?

Thanks all in advance for any help.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back