Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCAD2004 Schematic to PCB conversion

Glamo

Newbie level 6
Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In P-Cad2004, I completely forgot how to convert the schematic into PCB (I used PCAD for more than 20 years ago).

Only what I remember, in the p-cad schematic,, "Utils> Create Netlist" and "Utils> Load Netlist" on p-pcad PCB .

I have "P-CAD 2002 PCB Design" PDF document.
I'm working on the file they gave as an "example", but I always get errors on my files.

Screen Error: Netlist (file name) not loaded
And error files contains all component
(include Library information was checked) during netlist generation in schematic

And I still haven't succeeded, if you can help, it will be appreciated.

Last edited:
In P-Cad2004, I completely forgot how to convert the schematic into PCB (I used PCAD for more than 20 years ago).

Only what I remember, in the p-cad schematic,, "Utils> Create Netlist" and "Utils> Load Netlist" on p-pcad PCB .

I have "P-CAD 2002 PCB Design" PDF document.
I'm working on the file they gave as an "example", but I always get errors on my files.

Screen Error: Netlist (file name) not loaded
And error files contains all component
(include Library information was checked) during netlist generation in schematic

And I still haven't succeeded, if you can help, it will be appreciated.

Do you have component library ".lib"(symbol + pcb footprint) available? If YES, then open PCAD PCB and add library first (Library => Setup => Add Library)... then only load netlist.

Without any library setup, it won't load components in PCB.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back