Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc based 18f2550 Oscillosope

Status
Not open for further replies.

demetal

Full Member level 5
Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i want to do a project on PIC 18F2550 as a pc based oscilloscope (usb type)...
i dont even know how it have to be programmed... if anyone have the schematic and firmware please help....

Hi,

From what I have read, most diy pic based scopes are rather poor in terms of performance.
Most of the plans I have seen are also rather old.

If you are using a 2550 then the obious thing to me is to build a Pickit2 and use its inbuilt 3 channel logic analyser - full details here https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/PICkit%202%20Logic%20Tool%20User%20Guide.pdf

You do not need to build an exact copy of the Pk2, a cut down diy version works ok - as per the Blueroom plans on this forum.

**broken link removed**

I have already visited this website but it seems that there is two Hex files to be burned in a single PIC... or something like that ... i am not able to understand that... is anyone know please help...

Hi,

You need to read the project again, and understand what software he has given.

- SAC_tinybld18F2550usb_20MHz_115200_48MHz.HEX
- 18F2550 USB HID CRC Oscilloscope.c (hex)
- usb_desc_hid 8-byte.h

The first line HEX file is the Tiny Bootloader that needs a programmer to program it into the Pic.

The second and third files are not Hex files, they are the source files that need to be complied to produce the hex file which is then Downloaded into the Pic by the Tiny Bootloader - no hardware programmer needed.

Also have a good read of all the Comments left by Users at the bottom of his page.

Reactions: demetal

demetal

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.