Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PAPR Calculation in OFDM based system

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalyansrinivas

Advanced Member level 4
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I wanted to calculate the PAPR of a OFDM system

i am bit confused weather i need to compute PAPR on entire frame(having many OFDM symbols of 512 subcarriers) or
on each OFDM Symbol(of 512 subcarriers) one by one

1 frame can have many ofdm symbols each of 512 subcarriers+cp

Please help me

regards
M Kalyansrinivas

Hi kalyan,
I am doing project in PAPR reduction in OFDM..i saw your thread tha you posted above.. I too have the same doubt as i am implementing it npw ..I hope u got the answer for the question what u mentioned above..Can u please tell me the answer...It will be helpful for me to proceed my project.

Thanks in advance..

Hi

There wont be much difference in PAPR (as i observed) if we take for the entire frame or for individual symbol

Its better to calculate the PAPR for individual symbols and make a plot as we can trace in which particular symbol the PAPR is increasing

As in my case i have a zeros inserted in the last few symbols and i observed it is contributing for more PAPR

Regards
M Kalyansrinivas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back