Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Panasonic mn 13811 anyone?for a Led voltmeter circuit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GR5699

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
panasonic.mn

Hi there.
I need to find the Panasonic mn 13811,To-92 type, N-channel open type,is anyone aware of this?I need 10 of them for a start.
I want to build a Low voltage,3 led volt meter that starts measurements at 4.5v and downwards
I have 3 alkaline batteries 1.5v, total of 4.5v that I need to monitor.
I want all the power supply for the circuit drawn from the existing 4.5v that I have (I can not supply it by other batteries or power source due to that space is a matter.)
And when the voltage drops at the lowest value, then again the voltmeter should power it self from the existing pack, lowest voltage that would be
3.10v.

4.5v-3.80v green led,
3.70v-3.40v yellow,
And 3.30v-3.10v red.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I think the Panasonic MN1380 circuit mentioned in the title it was discontinued in 2005.
If you want to use for special voltage you need also to choose a ‘’special rank’’ for those circuits starting from C = 2-2.2V, D= 2.1-2.3V, and finally U=4.6-4.9V. See the datasheet.
https://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/panasonic/SAG00003CEM.pdf

There are some other minor problems to be solved too.
If you choose N channel open drain type MN13811 series, you can connect directly a LED only to the Vcc, and this LED will light only if the voltage is lower compared to the trigger level.

If you choose a CMOS output series MN1380/1381 then a reverse situation can be used for.
The LED’s can be connected booth way: to the ground and to the Vcc.

My suggestion is to choose a different circuit see for example LTC1442.

https://www.linear.com/pc/downloadDocument.do?navId=H0,C1,C1154,C1002,C1463,P1172,D2764

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back