Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PADs Pushing Schematic to PCB not removing Pins from Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdi_eng

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am starting with an existing PCB and Schematic in PADs 9.1. The PCB has a connector with pads that are connected to ground and I want to remove those connections.

I removed the connections on the schematic but when I push the Netlist to the PCB, the pads on are still showing that they are on the ground net.

I have gone to the "Tools>Layout Netlist..." Menu and ran that. Then I click on the "Pads Layout" in the toolbar to go through the process of pushing it to the PCB. Then in the "PADS Layout Link" window, I click on the Design tab and click "Send Net list".

I successfully sent over the additional components and their nets but I can't seem to remove these pads from the ground net.

What can I be missing?

Thanks!

It turns out that I was just hitting "Send Netlist". This worked to add these new components and nets but not adding/subtracting to current nets.
In order to fix the problem I had to "ECO to PCB"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back