Not open for further replies.

ahmed589

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to make this instructions work (https://www.eda.ncsu.edu/wiki/FreePDK45:Using_P-Cells)
I am having some difficulties along the way, it would be of great help if you could point me to the right direction!

I have tried to follow the instructions in the web site. I did not quite understood the step 2 and 3.
"add the Python path to the first line of each script in this directory" - I amnot sure which python path is this. Is this $PDK_DIR/ncsu_basekit/gentech/sshaft/bin ? And after trying a while, it seemed have created a "bin" folder : $PDK_DIR/ncsu_basekit/gentech/bin and copied all *.py files here.

While updating the icoa_setup.csh, I have found that, I also needed to source the setup.csh file as well, otherwise the NCSU_TechLib_FreePDK45 or NCSU_Devices_FreePDK45 library do not load in virtuoso.

Finally, when I run the command gentech.py -log gen.log from $PDK_DIR/ncsu_basekit/gentech, I am getting the following error:
/home/class/ahmed589/NCSU-FreePDK45-1.4/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/gentech/sshaft/bin/gentech.py: Permission denied

Probably because: the first line of the gentech.py is not an executable file, rather a folder
(#!/home/class/ahmed589/NCSU-FreePDK45-1.4/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/gentech/sshaft/src/py/)

if the line is changed to
#!/home/class/ahmed589/NCSU-FreePDK45-1.4/FreePDK45/ncsu_basekit/gentech/sshaft/src/py/gentech.py
then the following error message is found:

import: Command not found.
Badly placed ()'s.

May be the following info would be helpful:

Operating system: Linux 2.6.32-573.3.1.el6.x86_64
virtuoso version 6.1.5

oaGetVersion : 22.41.004

Pycell studio version : 2014.09-L4 of PyCell Studio.

PyCell Studio build with Python version: 2.6.2 (r262:71600, Apr 7 2011, 14:30:04)
[GCC 4.4.3]

I would be eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance for your time !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…