Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opencore ATA (IDE) interface applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboPC

Advanced Member level 4
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ide ata vhdl

Hi,

I am interested in doing a small project to read and write big amount of data from/to a hard disk using ATA/IDE interface in an FPGA. I'll probably need to do DMA because the transfer speed is in the MHz range.

I have looked at opencore.com for the ATA interface. It is very interesting, but I would like to find VHDL codes that uses this type of interface for continous read/write.

Anyone has ever used it?
Any application code that can be shared?

Any other ATA/IDE VHDL core is accepted as well.

Thanks,

TurboPC

What I meant is:

I read the ATA document at least 3 times and I still have doubts about the way to proceed for the DMA and the continous read/write access.

Even with the ATA-4 specs says it is difficult to have continous 33MB/s transfer data rate. With ATA-5 and more, it seems to be no problem for high speed (of course). But I want my project to be simple...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

TurboPC

Status
Not open for further replies.