Status
Not open for further replies.

kdg007

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to understand the basic operation of the OP-amp.
-
i know the difference between inverting and non-inverting op-amps.but why do we need inverting op-amps ?
-

**broken link removed**
-
can anyone explain me whats happening in this circuit ? why cant i kept just one opamp (non-inverting to get the desired signal ) ?

Hello my friend
It is very simple. The op amp "A" is at non inverting arrangement . I think with this consideration . you can guess , the behavior of this circuit. (the gain of stage A = 1+R3/R4)
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Reactions: kdg007

kdg007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you fo rthe reply,

so the op-amp A is used only to increase the gain ? then what is the purpose of op-amp B ?

The R1 Is the input impedance of op amp B . do you know how? if you know , we can going head , to analyze the circuit. ( i want that you try)
Regards
Goldsmith

kdg007

op-amp B is a inverting opamp.. so the gain at output will be Vout = (V+-V-)A
-
also the waveform will be inverted... am i right ?

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

the output of Opamp A will become the input of Opamp B through the resistor R1.

Thank you fo rthe reply,

so the op-amp A is used only to increase the gain ? then what is the purpose of op-amp B ?

Such a combination of two opamps is used frequently to combine some advantages of two different technologies (composite amplifier configuration).
In this case, however, two identical units are used because of noise properties (as mentioned in the text). The first unit is non-inverting and the second one is required to be inverting because of overall negative feedback. As you (should) know - negative feedback always is used to improve and fix amplifier characteristics.

kdg007

Status
Not open for further replies.