Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

not able to send the GET request through the microcontroller

NidhiSayanja

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to send a GET request to a server, so I connected the microcontroller (STM32) with an Ethernet module, as the microcontroller does not have a built-in Ethernet feature. I am using these two libraries:

#include "stm32f4xx_hal_uart.h" and​
#include "stm32f4xx_hal.h"​

My GET string is:

Code:
char http_get_request[] = "GET /testX HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: IP addressort\r\n\r\nUser-Agent: Mozilla/4.0\r\nAccept: /\r\nAccept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br\r\nConnection: keep-alive\r\n";

However, I face an issue when debugging the program:
"Break at address '0xe' with no debug information available, or outside of program code."
The number '0xe' changes repeatedly when I try to debug the program again and again (0x0, 0x10, 0xfceaf000).

Could anyone help me resolve this error?
Screenshot 2024-08-08 153711.png

Your startup file (typically startup_stm32xxxx.s) should be correctly configured. The interrupt vector table points to the correct ISR (Interrupt Service Routine) handlers. If the vector table is corrupted or not properly set, it could cause the program to jump to invalid memory locations. The changing addresses (0x0, 0x10, 0xfceaf000) suggest possible memory corruption or stack overflow. Your stack size must be sufficient. Here is also a tutorial regarding the overall USART communication of STM32: https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/2021/11/i2c-communication-with-stm32.html

1. STM32F4xx series has built-in ethernet, an external PHY has to be supplemented.
2. What type of network module are you using?
3. Without seeing actual application code, it's impossible to guess what you are doing wrong.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back