Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non-Converged solutions and poor meshing in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahriladha

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is a non-converged solution

Anyone knows the term of 'non-converged solutions' and 'meshing' in HFSS? What does it mean by 'poor meshing'? How to measure how poor it is and then how to improve it?

Thanks so much
zahril

zahriladha said:
Anyone knows the term of 'non-converged solutions' and 'meshing' in HFSS? What does it mean by 'poor meshing'? How to measure how poor it is and then how to improve it?
Thanks so much
zahril
You can read a book: Swanson D., Hoefer W., Microwave Circuit Modeling using Electromagnetic Field Simulation, 2003
There's useful information about meshing and solution's convergence in the book.

zahriladha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks borich_03 for the suggestion.

I have read the e-book you suggest.

But it seems doesn't solve my problem. I am designing a combline (coax cavity) lossy bandpass filter and has difficulty to achieve the resonance at centre frequency (2 GHz - with very narrowbandwidth i.e 2.5MHz). I have tried to vary the resonator's length, capacitive loading, cavity height, but it responded at only about below 1.6GHz and above 2.4GHz. I dont know how it couldn't go for 2GHz.

Some people says this is maybe due to poor meshing. Then I have changed the lambda refinement from 0.3333 (default) to 0.02. However, it doesn't help much but longer analysing time.

could someone know what exactly is happening? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thks
zaril

Status
Not open for further replies.