Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new to IOT

johnny78

Full Member level 5
Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi Guys
it my first time to work with IOT & webservers & this stuff
i have tested the Esp01 web server & used the ip address to enter a page to control an output
what i need to design an android App to control outputs & display Values ?

any idea to start with

thanks
Johnny

You can design from scratch but there are much easier solutions. For control applications I suggest using MQTT because it is a standard and available on most platforms, including Android.

Add an MQTTT (pubsub) library to your ESP program and an MQTT client on your Android device, they will talk to each other over WiFi. I use "EspMQTTClient" on ESP8266 and ESP32 devices and on my Android phone and tablet I use "IoT MQTT Panel Pro". With those I can control many devices across several WiFi links and have graphical switches, sliders, meters and other widgets to make it look nice. I also use a Raspberry Pi as the MQTT broker and it also runs "Node Red", giving me mobile access though a cheap 4G dongle and runs a webcam at the same time.

Brian.

h
You can design from scratch but there are much easier solutions. For control applications I suggest using MQTT because it is a standard and available on most platforms, including Android.

Add an MQTTT (pubsub) library to your ESP program and an MQTT client on your Android device, they will talk to each other over WiFi. I use "EspMQTTClient" on ESP8266 and ESP32 devices and on my Android phone and tablet I use "IoT MQTT Panel Pro". With those I can control many devices across several WiFi links and have graphical switches, sliders, meters and other widgets to make it look nice. I also use a Raspberry Pi as the MQTT broker and it also runs "Node Red", giving me mobile access though a cheap 4G dongle and runs a webcam at the same time.

Brian.
hi Brian
i have installed Mqtt broker on my android device & installed the pubsubclient library to my arduino but im trying to use an example for test but i couldnt
the Mqtt broker asks for :
connection name
Client ID
broker web/ip address

can you help me with an example for test ?

thanks
Johnny
--- Updated ---

Quick and dirty way to setup MQTT (basically applies to either ESP8266 or ESP32) :

Regards, Dana.
thanks Dana i will test it on my esp01 asap

The connection name is anything you want, it is just so you know which you are using if there are several connections available.
Client ID is used if there are several clients on one broker. Most systems invent an ID for you if you leave it blank.
The broker IP is the IP address of the android device (or any other host) on the network. The client devices need this so they know where to connect to find the broker.
There is usually a port number needed as well, the default is 1883 but you can change it to any available port number. The port number on the broker and all connected devices must match.

Brian.

hi guys

i've spend yesterday evening & all today until now trying to understand what you have sent Dana but unfortunately it was more confusing
i've find an tutorial on the net which its very detailed & easy to understand
still have some questions for later

thanks all
Johnny

i've used Mymqtt android app & by entering the ip address of the client it can be connected
how to use this server with Mqtt broker

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back