Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatDL

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone provide a vesa driver in assembler. Everything I've found on the net is written in C.

Thanks in advance.

-chris

Re: VESA Dos in Assembly

I'm not optimistic for you - for a couple of reasons...

First and foremost, why do you need assembler? Aside from the usual "high-level-language vs asm" debate on maintainability, portability etc, most (decent) C compilers will produce an output that features performance (speed, register use etc) about as good as you could achieve with hand-coded assembler.

Secondly, since assembler mnemonics are architecture specific, you'll need to find code written for the same processor as the one you're using (which you'll need to specify here in order to get a meaningful response). If you're using a popular processor, chances are there's a decent C compiler available for it...

Good luck!

Re: VESA Dos in Assembly

I here ya, I'm posting this on behalf of my uncle (he's old school turned 72 last year, he worked in IT when tapes were hard drives and not backups...lol). He knows assembler, refuses to get into c. The processor is a p4. I'll ask him for more specific processor info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…