Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need recommendation, 12bit 300 Mhz card

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff44

Advanced Member level 6
Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a system demonstration project, and I need to do some DSP processing on microwave signals. I am not a DSP engineer, so I need some recommendations! I am looking for off the shelf ADC/DSP board solution for the demonstration. Here is what I am trying to do:

I have 1 transmit and 3 receiver channels. I downconvert all 4 channels to a lower frequency range of 10 MHz to 109 MHz. In any one channel I need to find two tones, and computer their amplitude and phase. I need the phase information very accurate, maybe to the 0.01 degree range (certainly better than 0.1 degree). The idea was that we would sample the data for 3 widths of 100 microseconds, do 3 ffts, and average the result--doing this regimen two times per second.

I was thinking I needed 4 cards, one for each channel. I have an external 300 MHz clock with low phase noise that I would like the boards to run off of. A 300 MHz clock sounded good nyquist-wise for my highest frequency 109 MHz tone. I was thinking I needed a 12 bit ADC input on each board (8 bits to achieve my desired phase accuracy for a 22 dB carrier to noise ratio, and another 4 bits to handle some dynamic range in the received signals). But 14 bits would be even better. We were thinking that the dsp would just do a 30,000 point fft, and output data in 10 KHz wide bin widths.

That is about all I know so far.

Does someone make an off the shelf DSP/ADC data acquistion board that can handle that 300 MHz clock rate with at least 12 bits. I would need to hook up 4 such boards into a van-portable system using pci express or some other connection means to a central computer motherboard.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

Nobody does high speed DSP processing here?

Are there other good dsp forums where I could pose my question?

Status
Not open for further replies.