Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with Telemetry/ Data transmission thru ASK or FSK

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdspot

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm constructing a telemetry ckt that relays temperature data wirelessly thru' RF. I'm trying to use a IC like DS1621 from Maxim or Analog Devices' AD7818 for temperature sensing, coz it has integrated A-D conversion. I need to input the data into a ISM band RF transmitter, then recieve it and display it. Any ideas as how to go about it? Do i need to use a microcontroller? The 8051 perhaps? Can anyone help me wid the ckt diagram/schematic? Thx in advance..

Re: Need help with Telemetry/ Data transmission thru ASK or

nerdspot said:
I'm constructing a telemetry ckt that relays temperature data wirelessly thru' RF. I'm trying to use a IC like DS1621 from Maxim or Analog Devices' AD7818 for temperature sensing, coz it has integrated A-D conversion. I need to input the data into a ISM band RF transmitter, then recieve it and display it. Any ideas as how to go about it? Do i need to use a microcontroller? The 8051 perhaps? Can anyone help me wid the ckt diagram/schematic? Thx in advance..

Hi!
Is maybe not necessary to use a microcontroller! Take a look at this transmitter!
**broken link removed**

It has also a EPROM mode, which means the transmitter sending a code, burned to the eprom, without any uController! So, maybe your goal would fullfill! Read the datasheet, browse the page for applications.

The needed parts, are not to much. But you can't bypass the RF matching network, if thinking in useabel reception ranges! And don't even forget the good, tuned gainfull antenna!! IT'S SO IMPORTANT!

Have a good luck!
Bye!
Z

nerdspot

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Need help with Telemetry/ Data transmission thru RF

Yeah... That was a huge help... But i need to use the 8051uC.. can i get some coding help? Integration with DS1621..

Added after 8 minutes:

Can **broken link removed** be used to interface directly with the **broken link removed** Chip coz both are SPI complatible?

Can MAX6662 be used to interface directly with the IA4220 Chip coz both are SPI complatible?

On SPI system, you need 1 SPI master and 1 SPI slave, I'm not sure either MAX6662 or IA4220 can act as SPI Master!

To use SPI, it is easier use Atmel AVR series processor rather 8051's, as AVR has build in SPI hardware

Certain type of AVR has ADC on chip, you don't need external ADC chip any more

nerdspot

Re: Need help with Telemetry/ Data transmission

k.. But when both the devices are SPI complatible slaves, does that make the job simpler? if yes how? Can i just use a SPI master and connect the Temp Sensor and the Transceiver to the master? Or is there any uC coding involved?

If both device is SPI slave, it can't work!

You need a microcontroller as SPI master to read temperature data and sent it to transmitter

you can use fewer chip if you use a microcontroller which equip with ADC, read the internal ADC value and sent it to transmitter, so a suggest you use AVR, ie ATMEGA8535

nerdspot

There's a problem.. The DS1621 and AD7818 series have inbuilt ADCs.. Can u help me with the schematics and code for the AVR uc, coz i have zero knowledge of AVR and ATMEL uc programming..

I mean you use AVR and don't need DS1621 and AD7818 any more

nerdspot

K... but can u help me wid the schematics and code?

I'll try it, but it take times.

At the moment I suggest you to take a look at
https://www.avrfreaks.net/

nerdspot

Re: Need help with Telemetry/ Data transmission

K... Just mail me if u need any details.. Thx.. Any books i can read for AVR programming?

One question : do you have IA4022 chip?

Can you buy IA4022 and ATMEGA8 (AVR chip) easily over there?

nerdspot

I can sample the chips/order them online..

That is most probably could help you:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

nerdspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back