Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Need help] PIC32 not recognizing 2.78V as logic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhay_cit

Full Member level 6
Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends, i am new to PIC32 & i'm using PIC32MX564F128H microcontroller. Operating voltage of uC is 3.3V. I need to interface a GSM module with PIC32 microcontroller. The STATUS pin is delivering output voltage of 2.78V, but the microcontroller not recognizing this voltage as logic 1.
If i connect a 3.3V supply directly it sense it as a logic 1.

I am using RG3 pin for this connection & it is a schemitt trigger input. As per the datasheet it should sense the voltage of 0.8*VDD=2.64V as logic 1. But i am giving 2.78V & the uC not able to sense this why?
Please ask me is there any other parameter you need to know...

Thanks & Regards
Udhay

I try to operate the uC using 3.0v. now i can sense 0.8*VDD=2.4V, but even for 2.78V i can not able to measure it as logic 1...:-(
Help me please...

Hi,

Assume some of the Pic32 pins are straight digital inputs without the ST, does it work ok on one of them.

If not you could try a weak pull up of 47k or 100k; does the gsm datasheet say one is needed ? 5k or 10k is more common if specified.

Might be obvious, but you have got the pics ground and the gsm modules ground connected togther ?

Dear friend,
thanks for the reply. The pin i am using is not a direct digital input pin & its a ST buffer pin. I dont know what is the exact different between direct digital input Vs ST input but both are having minimum sensing voltage of 0.8V*VDD.
I don't get information about the internal STATUS pin pull up but i hope there should be a internal pullup resistor, because i can able to measure stable 2.78v output from the module. The application diagram doesn't have any external pullup resistors.
But as per your advise i will connect a pull up and will test again. thank you...

Another information i can sense the STATUS pin voltage while using PIC18 series microcontroller...:cry:

Regards
Udhay

Attachments

• pic32 electrical.png
    pic32 electrical.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 89

Hi,

Have not used the Pic32s but as you say it works on a pic18 then it would seem likely you have not configured your port correctly.

Seems pic32 ports are a major job to set up / understand - have you seen this section of the Pic32 Reference manual ?
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back