Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need direction sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kad

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any sensor which detects the direction in which the person is moving?
That is it should produce a pulse if the person is moving in one direction and a negative pulse if he moves in the opposite direction..please help

Doppler methods could do this. Also sensors under the carpet.

I don't know of such a sensor, but you can implement something like that using light barriers.

I don't know of such a sensor, but you can implement something like that using light barriers
could you please explain the concept of light barriers..

If you have light barriers across the space the person is supposed to travel (one every 2-3 feet, or one every 0.5/1m), then at some point one of the barriers is blocked. If the next barrier to be blocked is in one direction, it means the person is travelling in that direction. If no barrier is obstructed, the person is standing between two barriers (if they are so far apart, that a person can fit between them), but he/she is closest to the barrier that was last obstructed.

kad said:
Is there any sensor which detects the direction in which the person is moving?
That is it should produce a pulse if the person is moving in one direction and a negative pulse if he moves in the opposite direction..please help

the best solution for direction sensing is to used pero sensor search in board here or search my post you will found all info about direction sensing i also attach here a pdf file for for your help a sensor used as direction sensor

Fragnance, this looks interesting . What if we will use 2 such sensors with direction somehow shifted for few degreese one from each and catch their race(done via lens) ? That will help to solve cold object ambiguity.

Also... just stupid insight - did someone make phased array of ultrasound sensors (radar alike ) ?

What kind of project are you working on?

You may be able to use an electronic compass or the heading feature of a gps sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back